“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. “Hebrews 11:1 Are you sure and certain about the power of God? Are you sure and certain that He loves you like His cherished child? I know that my faith waivers, I can be so”double-minded unstable in all my ways”. I have big faith one minute and then the next am dozed down by abject fear. What’s up with that? I get so mad at myself. I, daily have to remind myself of God’s power and character or I am like a leaf on the water, at the whim of any current that happens to flow by. The bible says without faith it’s impossible to please God and that everyone is given a measure of faith. I think faithlessness is so distasteful to God because of how much He loves us…He is love. When my faith wavers and fear and doubt nudge their way in, I freak out. My peace ducks for cover and I am enslaved again by the “what if’s” that creep into my renewed mind. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Not because God is a giant egotist who wants our adulation, but because He loves us so completely and without faith in Him we are adrift and aimless. I chose faith, once for a lifetime and I choose faith moment by moment, day by day.
Lisa has been a women's ministry leader for 15 years and is also a National VP with a major US cosmetics company. She speaks nationally to thousands of women annually, and it is her passion to help them enlarge their dreams, to do their part faithfully and then watch for God to do His!
"Lisa is one of the most dynamic and motivational people that I have ever known "
If you receive my words, and treasure them in your heart, so that you incline your ear to wisdom....then you will understand and fear the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
- 2 very happy tootsies 😊😊😊 instagram.com/p/BWPvRbeFgwc/tweeted 1 year ago
- I managed to struggle through a shopping trip 😜😜 bye bye tired tootsies https://t.co/oYHhlaVSNztweeted 1 year ago
- Woohooo I love this girl! lisavoorhies.com/2017/05/16/woo… https://t.co/ocIEiujwoBtweeted 2 years ago
- What was I thinking??? lisavoorhies.com/2015/09/26/wha… http://t.co/k12s5dQrhXtweeted 3 years ago
- Enough is enough lisavoorhies.com/2015/08/31/eno…tweeted 3 years ago